Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Word Makes a Difference

Every day we have to make many decisions. Often times we wish we could erase the bad ones and make decisions that are more prudent and god-pleasing. In this week’s sermon, Rev. Kramer will share the thoughts of a Psalmist and where he found insight.

Scripture: Psalm 119:97-104
Oh, how I love your law! It is my meditation all day long.

Your commandment makes me wiser than my enemies, for it is always with me. I have more understanding than all my teachers, for your decrees are my meditation. I understand more than the aged, for I keep your precepts.

I hold back my feet from every evil way, in order to keep your word.

I do not turn away from your ordinances, for you have taught me.

How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Through your precepts I get understanding; therefore I hate every false way.

Renewing Reflections
We hope Renewing Reflections will strengthen you in the week ahead. These quotes are taken from the sermon “Why Not Turn on the Light?“ delivered on Christian Crusaders September 15, 2002.

"God’s Word is our revelation. He has given it to us so that we do not walk in darkness. Colin Smith has said it well, “The Bible is a revelation and not an explanation. It does not answer all of our questions. In fact, at times it can make us quite confused and frustrated. But God’s Word one day will be made clear for us, and our eyes will no longer be blinded.”

On ChristianCrusaders.org
If you missed a sermon, visit Christian Crusaders’ Web site where you can read or listen to hundreds of archived sermons organized by date and topic. You can also find a daily devotion, links to Bible study tools, and a detailed description of Christian Crusaders' many new online services and how you can use them.

On the Light Side
Joe decides to go ice fishing one day, so he gets up at 2 a.m. to have an early start. When he arrives, Joe gets out his saw and begins carving away at the ice when all of a sudden he hears an echoing voice, “There are no fish under the ice there.”

Well, Joe panics, but as he looks around he sees no one. So he waits a few minutes, then decides to keep carving. Soon the voice comes back, “There are no fish under the ice there!”

“Wow!” thinks Joe to himself, “God is giving me guidance.”

So he once again starts to carve away, only this time at another part of the ice. Then he hears the bellowing voice once more: “Sir, this is the rink manager, and there are no fish under the ice anywhere.”

The program "The Word Makes a Difference" will air Sunday, September 20, 2009. Visit http://www.christiancrusaders.org/ for radio stations and times, or to listen online.

No comments:

Post a Comment