Friday, November 5, 2010

Living and Dying

If you heard a person say, “For me to live is Christ and to die is gain,” you might think that person never experienced real life. Beginning Sunday, November 7, we will look at the stories of several persons who learned to accept hardship with the knowledge that God was right beside them. Join us at www.ChristianCrusaders.org.


Scripture: Philippians 1:21-26
For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me.


Renewing Reflections
It is our prayer that Renewing Reflections will be a blessing in your life this coming week. This quote is taken from the sermon Simon the Cross Bearer delivered on Christian Crusaders March 4, 2001 by Rev. Larsen:
We learn that Christ has the answer to life’s more serious problems. When our souls are filled with guilt, He offers us forgiveness. When life draws to a close, He assures us of a Heavenly home. When humans fail us, He promises never to fail or forsake us. When we have made mistakes, He tells us it’s never too late to start over. When life is boring, He gives us new challenges. Many crosses can be added to our life’s journey, but Jesus has promised, “Cast all of your cares on me, I care for you.” If you are a Christian, live with that promise. If you are not a Christian, receive Christ as your Savior."


Share the Good News
If you know anyone who might benefit from the Gospel-based messages available on Christian Crusaders, let them know about the ministry. Anyone in the country can listen anytime on ChristianCrusaders.org. Members of a church small group, a relative in a nursing home, a neighbor going through a difficult time . . . inviting any of them to listen might be a real blessing in their lives.


On the Light Side
Letters to God
Dear God,
Instead of letting people die and make new ones. Why don’t you just keep the ones you got now? – Jane

Dear God,
I think about you sometimes, even when I’m not praying. – Elliott

Dear God,
I am American. What are you? – Robert

Dear God,
Thank you for the baby brother, but what I prayed for was a puppy. – Joyce

Dear God,
I bet it is very hard for you to keep track of everybody in the whole world. There are only 4 in my family, and I can never do it. – Nan

Dear God,
If you watch in church Sunday, I will show you my new shoes. – Mickey D.

No comments:

Post a Comment