Wednesday, January 18, 2012

God's Word in My Heart

Who guides and directs you in making decisions? The Old Testament Psalmist also asked that question when he said, “How can a young man keep his way pure?” We will discover his answer in sermon beginning this Sunday on http://www.christiancrusaders.org/


Scripture: Psalm 119:9-16
How can a young man keep his way pure?
By living according to your word.
I seek you with all my heart;
do not let me stray from your commands.
I have hidden your word in my heart
that I might not sin against you.
Praise be to you, O Lord;
teach me your decrees.
With my lips I recount
all the laws that come from your mouth.
I rejoice in following your statutes
as one rejoices in great riches.
I meditate on your precepts
and consider your ways.
I delight in your decrees;
I will not neglect your word.


Renewing Reflections
It is our prayer that Renewing Reflections will be a blessing in your life this coming week. This quote is taken from the sermon Is It Biblical? delivered on Christian Crusaders July 23, 2000 by Rev. Larsen:

If our faith is to have meaning, it must go beyond our feelings and what we think is true. There must be an authority that speaks and to which we will listen. That authority for the Christian is God's Holy Word. You can deny it, but you cannot change it and remain honest. Therefore, we are called on by Scripture to keep our heads in all situations, endure hardship if necessary for the faith, and point wandering, searching people to Christ, who has clearly taught what to believe and do.


About ChristianCrusaders.org
Did you know Christian Crusaders’ Web site features a daily devotion from Our Daily Bread? If you are looking for a meaningful start to your day, visit the front page of our Web site, http://www.christiancrusaders.org/, where you’ll find an uplifting and thought-provoking passage to help you along on your spiritual journey.


On the Light Side
Jack was single and decided life would be more fun if he had a pet. So he went to the pet store and told the owner that he wanted to buy an unusual pet. After some discussion, he finally bought a talking centipede, which came in a little white box to use for his house.

Jack took the box home, found a good location it, and decided he would start off by taking his new pet to church. So he asked the centipede in the box, “Would you like to go to church with me today? We will have a good time.” But there was no answer from his new pet.

This bothered Jack a bit, so after a few minutes he asked him again. “How about going to church with me and receive blessings?” But, again, there was no answer from his new friend and pet.

So he waited a few minutes more, thinking about the situation. He decided to ask him one more time; this time putting his face up against the centipede’s house and shouting, “Hey in there! Would you like to go to church with me and learn about the Lord???”

A little voice came out of the box, “I heard you the first time! I'm putting on my shoes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment