Friday, August 31, 2012

Just Give Me Jesus

Work hard to get what you want in life. This philosophy has been taught to us since early on, and logic tells us that if it’s to be, it’s up to me. But Paul had a different message for Christians. Join us as we talk about how to be right with God.  http://www.christiancrusaders.org


Scripture: Philippians 3:4-11
If anyone else has reason to be confident in the flesh, I have more: circumcised on the eighth day, a member of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew born of Hebrews; as to the law, a Pharisee; as to zeal, a persecutor of the church; as to righteousness under the law, blameless.

Yet whatever gains I had, these I have come to regard as loss because of Christ. More than that, I regard everything as loss because of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things, and I regard them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but one that comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God based on faith. I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the sharing of his sufferings by becoming like him in his death, if somehow I may attain the resurrection from the dead.


Renewing Reflections
It is our prayer that Renewing Reflections will be a blessing in your life this coming week. This quote is taken from the sermon Grace Has a Face delivered on Christian Crusaders December 31, 2006:

Grace has been made available to everyone. It is offered to everyone. God invites us to come and hold out our empty hands so that he might pour his unmerited love and favor into our lives as we entrust ourselves to his care and leadership. He wants to give you a grace testimony like John's. Grace is available and it has a face - the face of Jesus Christ. So . . . turn your eyes upon Jesus.


Christian Crusaders’ 76th Anniversary
Christian Crusaders is pleased to celebrate 76 years of broadcasting biblical truth! On September 6, 1936, Christian Crusaders – then called “Your Hour of Worship” – sent its first broadcast out over the airwaves. Since then, the ministry has expanded to include the Internet and continues to bring the Gospel message to thousands of listeners every Sunday.


On the Light Side
A preacher went into the pulpit one Sunday morning wearing a pair of new bifocals. The reading portion of the glasses improved his vision considerably, but the top portion of the glasses didn't work so well. In fact, he was experiencing dizziness every time he looked through them.

He explained to the congregation that the new glasses were causing problems. “I hope you will excuse my continually removing my glasses,” he said. “You see, when I look down I can see fine, but when I look at you, it makes me sick.”

No comments:

Post a Comment