Thursday, January 10, 2013

Love Came Down to Tell the Truth

Life can sometimes be very confusing, frustrating, and even dangerous at times, as we stumble around in moral darkness. We no longer know what is right and wrong, and some doubt that truth even exists. We need someone to give us truth. Join us this week as we learn what truth is and that it cannot come from within ourselves or within our world.


Scripture: John 18:33-38
Then Pilate entered the headquarters again, summoned Jesus, and asked him, “Are you the King of the Jews?”

Jesus answered, “Do you ask this on your own, or did others tell you about me?”

Pilate replied, “I am not a Jew, am I? Your own nation and the chief priests have handed you over to me. What have you done?”

Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not from this world. If my kingdom were from this world, my followers would be fighting to keep me from being handed over to the Jews. But as it is, my kingdom is not from here.”

Pilate asked him, “So you are a king?”

Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king. For this I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who belongs to the truth listens to my voice.”

Pilate asked him, “What is truth?” After he had said this, he went out to the Jews again and told them, “I find no case against him.”


Renewing Reflections
It is our prayer that Renewing Reflections will be a blessing in your life this coming week. This quote is taken from the sermon That’s What I Like About Jesus – He Paid delivered on Christian Crusaders October 16, 2005.

When people ask me what’s so special about Jesus, I tell them the difference between simply being religious and having Christ in your life. With religion, personal belief is spelled this way: D - O. Do this and do that; then maybe you can get God to love you so he will let you into his heaven. But Christianity is spelled D - O - N - E. It’s all been done for us by Jesus Christ. Consequently, He offers us the forgiveness of our sins and the promises of heaven freely as a gift. “Jesus paid it all,” as the old hymn says. That’s what I like about Jesus.


About Christian Crusaders
Christian Crusaders publishes a quarterly newsletter called the Crusader. The theme of the upcoming issue, to be published in February. The Crusader is sent free of charge to all friends of the ministry who desire to learn more about the ministry and receive spiritual inspiration. If you are not currently receiving this mailing and would like to, contact our office at cc@naz.org. You may also call the office toll-free at 1-888 My Faith (1-888-693-2484).


On the Light Side
How Embarrassing!
A professor at Texas A&M taught during the day and did research at night. He would usually take a break around nine, however, calling up the strategy game Warcraft on the Internet and playing with an online team.

One night the professor was paired with a veteran of the game who was a master strategist. With the veteran at the helm, their troops crushed opponent after opponent, and after six games they were undefeated. Suddenly, the professor’s fearless leader informed him that his mom said it was time to go to bed.

“How old are you?” the professor typed.

“Twelve,” he replied. “How old are you?”

Feeling his face redden, the professor answered, “Eight.”

No comments:

Post a Comment