Friday, March 22, 2013

No One Ever Cared for Me Like Jesus

Life can be so difficult. Our world is filled with people who are sorrowing, suffering, and dying. Sometimes it seems like God is not being fair to us. But God has a promise to carry us through both our good and bad days, and we will talk about it in this week’s message.


Scripture: Hebrews 2:14-18
Since the children have flesh and blood (that is, we have flesh and blood), Jesus too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of death – that is, the devil – and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death. For surely it is not angels he helps, but Abraham’s descendants. For this reason he had to be made like his brothers in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people. Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.”


Renewing Reflections
It is our prayer that Renewing Reflections will be a blessing in your life this coming week. This quote is taken from the sermon The Evening That Faith Grew delivered on Christian Crusaders June 21, 2009.

It has brought great encouragement in my ministry to watch people grow spiritually as they live with their problems; some of those being big problems. I can name seven people in their 40s and 50s who, within the last few months, have learned they have cancers that could well be terminal. When I asked one of them last Sunday how she was handling the news, she said, “I’m hanging in there. I’m taking my treatments and they are making me sick, but I leave it in the hands of the Lord. I really want to live, but if He has other plans, so be it. ‘All things work together for good to them who love the Lord.’ And believe me, I love Him.” An older woman told a group of us, “I have buried a husband and a child. Another of my children has served time in prison. But God has been my comfort.” And I sometimes complain! The storms of life come into every life. They can either destroy us or make us strong people of God. Christ alone can empower us to face the storms as we encounter them. He is in the boat.


Did You Know?
All Christian Crusaders sermons are listed by date under Sermon Archive beginning with the latest one. Sermons date back to July 4, 1999 when we first launched our Web site.

Printed copies of sermons are available online. Hundreds of sermon transcripts are posted for your spiritual growth. Remember that the same sermons are also listed by topic and Scripture text.

Audio copies of the past programs are also available to be heard or downloaded and heard at a more convenient time.


On the Light Side
Happy Valentine’s Day

Two antennae met on a roof, fell in love,and got married. Their wedding ceremony wasn’t fancy. The reception, however, was excellent.

Q: What do squirrels give for Valentine's Day?
A: Forget-me-nuts.

A book never written: Avoiding Valentine’s Day by I.M.N. Love.

Q: Why did the banana go out with the prune?
A: Because it couldn't get a date.

A Cub Scout found a frog that said, “Kiss me and I will become a beautiful princess.” The boy studied the frog, then put it in his pocket. “Hey,” the frog croaked, “how come you didn’t kiss me?”

“I’d rather have a talking frog than a princess any day!” replied the Cub Scout.

Q: What is a ram's favorite song on February 14th?
A: I only have eyes for ewe, dear

No comments:

Post a Comment