Saturday, June 8, 2013

God Can Use Us

How is God working through your life? When we open ourselves to God’s will, his power can accomplish some great things. Join us as we talk about three persons who allowed God to do some amazing things with their lives and examine how God is using our lives. http://christiancrusaders.org/audiostrream/ccr.20130609.mp3


Scripture: Romans 1:16-17
I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”


Renewing Reflections
It is our prayer that Renewing Reflections will be a blessing in your life this coming week. This quote is taken from the sermon An Attitude Change delivered on Christian Crusaders June 15, 2003:

God loves His children. His desire is that we might walk in this world of spiritual darkness as shining lights. Only then can He point the world toward us and say the words: These are my sons and daughters. Let me tell you about them. The first step was for them to enter a Father-child relationship. When they experienced my love for them, their love for me began to grow, and there were great changes in their life. They are not perfect, nor will they be while they live on this planet. Nevertheless, I have begun the good work in them and will continue to perform and perfect it until that glorious meeting when we will begin our journey together in the heavenly home. Until then I will continue to prune those twigs so that they become what I want them to be.


Did You Know?
Radio waves can even penetrate prison walls. Letters have come from prisoners who have listened to Christian Crusaders’ broadcasts in Iowa, Florida, South Dakota, and Minnesota. Timothy writes from a prison in Iowa, “I think Pastor Larsen does a wonderful job. I enjoy his messages. Keep up the good work of preaching God’s Word. You are greatly appreciated by my family and myself.” (We had taken the time to send him some devotional materials.)


On the Light Side
A young preacher recently came upon a farmer working in his field. Being concerned about the farmer’s soul, the preacher asked the man, “Are you laboring in the vineyard of the Lord my good man?”

Not even looking at the preacher and continuing his work the farmer replied, “Naw, these are soybeans.”

“You don’t understand,” said the preacher. “Are you lost?”

“Naw! I’ve lived here all my life,” answered the farmer.

“Are you prepared for the resurrection?” the frustrated preacher asked.

This caught the farmer’s attention and he asked, “When’s it gonna be?”

Thinking he had accomplished something the young preacher replied, “It could be today, tomorrow, or the next day.”

Taking a handkerchief from his back pocket and wiping his brow, the farmer remarked, “Well, don’t mention it to my wife. She don’t get out much and she’ll wanna go all three days.”

No comments:

Post a Comment