Monday, August 23, 2010

God Is . . . My Help

Life can sometimes take us on some painful twists and turns. Often those who are closest to us can give us the greatest pain. So where do we turn during those times? This week we will study a song from the Bible written by a brokenhearted father. Learn his story and where he turned for help in the midst of his troubles.


Scripture: Psalm 3
O Lord, how many are my foes! Many are rising against me; many are saying to me, “There is no help for you in God.”

But you, O Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, and the one who lifts up my head. I cry aloud to the Lord, and he answers me from his holy hill.

I lie down and sleep; I wake again, for the Lord sustains me. I am not afraid of ten thousands of people who have set themselves against me all around.

Rise up, O Lord! Deliver me, O my God! For you strike all my enemies on the cheek; you break the teeth of the wicked. Deliverance belongs to the Lord; may your blessing be on your people!


Hymns
“This Is My Father’s World”
“Great Is Thy Faithfulness”


Renewing Reflections
It is our prayer that Renewing Reflections will be a blessing in your life this coming week. This quote is taken from the sermon Lord, I'm Struggling With the Blues delivered on Christian Crusaders December 14, 2008 by Rev. Kramer:
God does his best work in the darkness of caves. Much of (Elijah’s) story takes place in a cave in the side of a mountain. This isn’t the only cave story in Scripture: the Savior was laid in another cave, and on the third day God rolled away the stone and raised him up. God does his best work in caves! Are you living in a cave these days – experiencing the blues – like Elijah did? You don’t have to sit alone in the darkness ever again. Call on him, open his Word, and let a still, small voice speak to you. You are not alone. God is with us, just as he was with Elijah.


Sermons Podcasts now Available
Christian Crusaders sermons are now available as podcasts. Log onto the website and scroll to the bottom of the homepage, where you'll find a “Podcast Feed” icon. Podcasts can also be accessed by logging onto www.itunes.com and searching for “Christian Crusaders.” Podcast files can be downloaded directly to your iPod, where you can listen to them at your convenience and wherever you may be – while walking, sitting in your backyard, or running errands.


On the Light Side
Q: What did the kangaroo say when she found her baby missing?
A: Help! My pocket’s been picked!

Two atoms are talking:
“Help, somebody has stolen one of my electrons!”
“Are you sure?”
“Yes, I’m positive!”

Q: What do you call a bunch of guys who break into a music store and help themselves to the stringed instruments?
A: Luters.

Q: What is lemonade?
A: It’s when you help a little old lemon across the street.


We Want to Hear From You
This e-mail is designed to give you information about the upcoming broadcast that is not available anywhere else. The weekly letter also gives us a chance to share news about our site and our ministry. We’d love to hear any suggestions you might have for ways we can improve our site and e-newsletter.
Christian Crusaders is a radio and Internet ministry designed to serve the needs of those who are unable to attend church services. This program is available online in audio and printed forms at www.ChristianCrusaders.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment