Thursday, August 12, 2010

Making Christ Fit

Jesus described himself as the Good Shepherd, willing to give up his life for us, his flock. However, he also tells us that he came to bring fire on earth and division in a family. In this week’s sermon we will try to fit these words into a lifestyle designed to be positive and comforting.


Scripture: Luke 12:49-56
“I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! But I have a baptism to undergo, and how distressed I am until it is completed! Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”
He said to the crowd: “When you see a cloud rising in the west, immediately you say, ‘It’s going to rain, and it does. And when the south wind blows, you say, ‘It’s going to be hot,’ and it is. Hypocrites! You know how to interpret the appearance of the earth and the sky. How is it that you don’t know how to interpret this present time?”


Renewing Reflections
It is our prayer that Renewing Reflections will be a blessing in your life this coming week. This quote is taken from the sermon Living a Full Life delivered on Christian Crusaders February 9, 2007 by Rev. Larsen:

Life presents its anxious moments. However, if we build our lives on Christ and His Word, we will have a sure foundation. The Savior says to us, “Fear not. I am with you. I will comfort you and strengthen you. I will direct you.” Then you can say with St. Paul, “I have learned in whatever state I am in to be content.” That is the secret of living a full life.


Sermons on YouTube Now Available
Log onto www.youtube.com, a free video-sharing Web site, where you can now view four full-length sermons on Christ’s death and resurrection by Rev. Larsen. Simply type “Rev. Larsen, Christian Crusaders” into the search box to find these sermon videos. You can also access YouTube videos on our homepage at www.ChristianCrusaders.org.

On the Light Side
At a church meeting a very wealthy man rose to tell the rest of those present about his Christian faith.

“I’m a millionaire,” he said, “and I attribute it all to the rich blessings of God in my life. I remember that turning point in my faith. I had just earned my first dollar and I went to a church meeting that night. The speaker was a missionary who told about his work. I knew that I only had a dollar bill and had to either give it all to God's work or nothing at all. So at that moment I decided to give my whole dollar to God. I believe that God blessed that decision, and that is why I am a rich man today.”

He finished and there was an awed silence at his testimony as he moved toward his seat. As he sat down a little old lady sitting in the same pew leaned over and said to him: “I dare you to do it again.”

To listen to this sermon, link to our Web site beginning Sunday, August 15:
www.ChristianCrusaders.org

No comments:

Post a Comment