Thursday, July 28, 2011

Hang On

During dark times in our lives, we may wonder how long we must endure the trial. As Christians, we ask that question with our eyes turned upward to God. In this week’s sermon, we will look at some words by King David who, in his hour of trial, asked some heart-wrenching questions of God, but learned to trust the Lord’s steadfast love.


Scripture: Psalm 13
How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?
How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
and every day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me?

Look on me and answer, O Lord my God.
Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;
my enemy will say, “I have overcome him,”
and my foes will rejoice when I fall.

But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.
I will sing to the Lord,
for he has been good to me.


Renewing Reflections
It is our prayer that Renewing Reflections will be a blessing in your life this coming week. This quote is taken from the sermon Lord, I'm Struggling With the Blues delivered on Christian Crusaders December 14, 2008.

God does his best work in the darkness of caves. Much of this story takes place in a cave in the side of a mountain. This isn’t the only cave story in Scripture: the Savior was laid in another cave, and on the third day God rolled away the stone and raised him up. God does his best work in caves! Are you living in a cave these days – experiencing the blues – like Elijah did? You don’t have to sit alone in the darkness ever again. Call on him, open his word, and let a still, small voice speak to you. You are not alone.


Giving Clubs
Christian Crusaders is a nonprofit ministry dependent upon gifts from you, our listening audience. Many people choose to contribute a $100 Broadcast Sponsor gift. ($100 is the average cost of one half-hour broadcast on one radio station.) Others provide a GEM Club Gift (Gift Every Month). All gifts are tax deductible.

Christian Crusaders is thankful for the blessing of all gifts and your partnership in sharing the Gospel.


On the Light Side
The short fortuneteller who escaped from prison: a small medium at large.
Those who get too big for their britches will be exposed in the end.
When you've seen one shopping center, you've seen a mall.
If you jump off a Paris bridge, you are in Seine.
When she saw her first strands of gray hair, she thought she'd dye.
Bakers trade bread recipes on a knead to know basis.
Santa's helpers are subordinate clauses.
Acupuncture: a jab well done.
Marathon runners with bad shoes suffer the agony of de feet.
The roundest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference. He acquired his size from too much pi.

No comments:

Post a Comment