Friday, July 1, 2011

What's Going On Inside?

Do you ever wonder why we sometimes act in ways that later grieve our hearts? People have been asking themselves that question since the beginning of time. Beginning Sunday, July 3, we will attempt to understand the reasons we wrestle with those inner battles.


Scripture: Romans 7:21-25
So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God – through Jesus Christ our Lord!


Renewing Reflections
It is our prayer that Renewing Reflections will be a blessing in your life this coming week. This quote is taken from the sermon You Will Be Free delivered on Christian Crusaders October 31, 1999.

Jesus is not looking for short term followers. Note Jesus' word, abiding. This means we faithfully read and obey the Bible for it is our authority in matters of faith and life. These quiet moments with God's Word are our daily visits with God through which He speaks to us. He will not only teach us the truth but will empower us to live according to the truth, which in turn will make us free. In Christ we become new people and a part of that newness is freedom.


GEM Club Members
Christian Crusaders is a nonprofit ministry dependent upon gifts from you, our listening audience. Some of you are members of our GEM Club “Gift Every Month.” No matter the size of the gift, this faithful, regular giving provides Christian Crusaders with a steady income to pay monthly radio expenses. We warmly thank each of our GEM donors. You are truly jewels in this important ministry.


On the Light Side
The Fourth of July weekend was approaching, and Miss Pelham, the nursery school teacher, took the opportunity to tell her class about patriotism. “We live in a great country,” she announced. “One of the things we should be happy about is that, in this country, we are all free.”

Trevor, a little boy in her class, came walking up to her from the back of the room. He stood with his hands on his hips and said loudly, “I'm not free. I'm four.”

No comments:

Post a Comment