Friday, April 20, 2012

Jesus' Patience

We have often heard it said, “You can do anything you put your mind to do.” But what about when we can’t do something, like forgive someone who has hurt us deeply, or give up control of our life to God? Please join us as we talk about the patience of Jesus during our times of weakness.

Scripture: Luke 24:36-45
While they were still talking about this, Jesus himself stood among them and said to them, “Peace be with you.”

They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost. He said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts rise in your minds? Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones as you see I have.”

When he had said this, he showed them his hands and feet. And while they still did not believe it because of joy and amazement, he asked them, “Do you have anything here to eat?” They gave him a piece of broiled fish, and he took it and ate it in their presence.


Renewing Reflections:
It is our prayer that Renewing Reflections will be a blessing in your life this coming week. This quote is taken from the sermon Patience! A Sign of Maturity delivered on Christian Crusaders May 6, 2005 by Rev. Larsen:

When I am impatient with God, others, or myself, I look back and see how God has kept his promises, although his timetable does not have to be like mine. I claim the promise that he is faithful and will walk with me. When I see how some new converts to Christ are growing, I stop being impatient and rejoice in the work he is doing in so many hearts. And when I look into my own heart, I see that it is only the Holy Spirit who could have brought me as far as I have come. I still have a long way to go, but his promises are sure. There is no need for me to be impatient with my spiritual progress, as long as I do not become comfortable with my spiritual growth and not be attentive to where He wants me to be.


Mother’s Day Gift Idea
Are you looking for a meaningful Mother's Day gift? Perhaps the special mother in your life might like a limited-edition set of audio CDs from Christian Crusaders. This is a unique set of five sermons, appropriately centered on motherhood. This gift set is available for a suggested donation of $10. Please call us at 1-888-693-2484 or visit our Web site to order.


On the Light Side
Mrs. Leonard, the new kindergarten teacher, was instructing her students to put on their boots. When little Jacob asked for help, she could see why. With her pushing and him pulling, the boots still didn’t want to go on. Finally, when the second boot was on, Mrs. Leonard had worked up a sweat. She almost whimpered when Jacob said, “Teacher, they’re on the wrong feet.” Mrs. Leonard looked and sure enough, they were on the wrong feet.

It wasn’t any easier pulling the boots off than it was putting them on. However, she managed to keep her cool as together they worked to get the boots back on – this time on the right feet. Jacob then announced, “These aren’t my boots.” Miraculously she bit her tongue rather than get right in his face and scream, “Why didn’t you say so?” like she wanted to.

Once again she struggled to help Jacob pull off the ill-fitting boots. He then said, “They’re my brother’s boots. My mom made me wear them.”

Mrs. Leonard didn’t know if she should laugh or cry. But she mustered up the grace and courage she had left to wrestle the boots on his feet again. Then she said, “Now, where are your mittens?”

Jacob replied, “I stuffed them in the toes of my boots.”

No comments:

Post a Comment