Friday, May 4, 2012

Our Devotional Life


Do you want to do great things for the Lord and his Church, but don’t believe you are able? In the sermon this week, we will talk about a scripture passage that can help us become giants in God’s Kingdom.


Scripture: John 15:1-8
“I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be give you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.”


Renewing Reflections:
It is our prayer that Renewing Reflections will be a blessing in your life this coming week. This quote is taken from the sermon The One-on-One delivered on Christian Crusaders April 30, 2006:

How important it is for us to have those one-on-one times with Jesus as His Word explores the sin in our lives. How devastating it is when we let these sins separate us from our Heavenly Father and other people! . . . These meetings with Jesus and then with one another are a must for a happy, personal relationship. He will always forgive, however, we must come in repentance and faith before we hear Christ’s assuring words, “Your sins are forgiven. Go and sin no more.”

Mother’s Day Gift Idea
Are you looking for a meaningful Mother's Day gift? Perhaps the special mother in your life might like a limited-edition set of audio CDs from Christian Crusaders. This unique set of six sermons is appropriately centered on motherhood and is available for a donation of any amount. Please call us at 1-888-693-2484 or visit our Web site to order.


On the Light Side
HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO
Most people don't know that back in 1912, Hellmann's mayonnaise was manufactured in England. In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York. This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico. But as we know, the great ship did not make it to New York. The ship hit an iceberg and sank, and the cargo was forever lost.


The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise and were eagerly awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss. Their anguish was so great, that they declared a National Day of Mourning, which they still observe to this day. The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5, and is known, of course, as Sinko de Mayo.

No comments:

Post a Comment